The Hawkins Police Department investigated at the quarry during their search for the missing Will Byers. Officer Callahan told Chief Jim Hopper that George Burness jumped into the quarry when he was drunk, but Hopper said such a fall would have killed him. The entire depth from the top to the water is 200-250 feet, the underwater depth is around 200 feet also
A confrontation between Mike Wheeler, Dustin Henderson, Troy, and James took place at the quarry during which Troy threatened to cut out Dustin's teeth with a switchblade unless Mike jumped into the water. To save Dustin, Mike made the jump, but was levitated back to safety by Eleven using her powers. She also broke Troy's arm. After Troy and James fled away, Mike, Eleven and Dustin reconciled together with a hug.
Behind the scenes
The filming location for the quarry was Bellwood Quarry in Atlanta, Georgia. It has been used as a location in many popular films and TV shows, including The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, and The Hunger Games.
- ↑ Stranger Things Season One: "Chapter Four: The Body". Justin Doble (writer), Shawn Levy (director).
- ↑ Stranger Things Season One: "Chapter Two: The Weirdo on Maple Street". The Duffer Brothers (writers and directors).
- ↑ Stranger Things Season One: "Chapter Three: Holly, Jolly". Jessica Mecklenburg (writer), Shawn Levy (director).
- ↑ Stranger Things Season One: "Chapter Six: The Monster". Jessie Nickson-Lopez (writer), The Duffer Brothers (directors).
- ↑ "The real star of ‘Stranger Things’ is Atlanta’s Bellwood Quarry" On Location Vacations. August 18, 2016.