"Chapter Six: The Spy" is the fourteenth episode of Stranger Things and the sixth episode of the second season. It premiered on October 27, 2017. This is the only episode in the series that Eleven does not appear in.
Will is rushed to the hospital in Hawkins National Laboratory, burning up from the inside. Dustin and Steve head to the cellar to find Dart, only to find that he has grown again and managed to tunnel out of the cellar. At Hawkins Lab, Joyce is angry that the doctors have no idea what is wrong with Will.
Nancy, Jonathan, and Murray Bauman make multiple copies of the tap revealing Hawkins Lab's culpability in Barb's death and prepare to mail them out to national newspapers. As it is late, Murray offers to let the kids stay in his guest room. The growing romantic tension between Nancy and Jonathan builds and they spend the night together.
Dr. Sam Owens shows Jim Hopper the extent of the Gate that Eleven opened the previous year. It is the size of skyscraper with a network of tunnels. When Hopper asks why they are not burning it, Owens says there is a complication.
Joyce fills Bob in on everything that happened. He takes it well despite thinking that kind of thing happened only in science fiction. Will wakes up and doctors are called, but Will has no memory of who Bob is.
In the morning, Murray makes Nancy and Jonathan breakfast then sends them on their way with a bottle of vodka and a warning to never contact him again.
Dr. Owens tests Will's memories and finds that he remembers Joyce and Mike, but not him, Bob, or Hopper. He also remembers the soldiers hurting him, prompting Owens to test a theory. He burns a tentacle and Will responds in pain. Owens concludes that there is a hive mind virus connecting all the hosts.
Steve and Dustin bond while setting a trap for Dart, passing into the area of corruption caused by the underground tunnels. Hopper uses the radio to apologise to Eleven, still unaware that she has left the cabin.
Dr. Owens and the doctors discuss how Will's brain is being altered by shadow creature. The doctors are off the opinion that they must start burning again to control the spread even if it kills Will, but Owens refuses. While Joyce is worried about what is going on, Will tells Mike that he thinks he knows how to stop the monster.
Steve and Dustin lay a trail of meat chunks for Dart in the abandoned junk yard, and are joined by Lucas and Max. Jonathan and Nancy find the Byers' house deserted and realise that someone else has been there apart from them.
Will uses photos taken by the scientists of his map to locate a place that the shadow creature is trying to hind from him. The scientists send soldiers into the tunnels. In the junkyard, the four kids wait for Dart. When Dart arrives, he doesn't take the bait causing Steve to go out to confront him. But Dart is not alone – there are more adolescent Demogorgons. Steve escapes and the four of them hole up on the bus. As the Demogorgons close in, they are suddenly called away.
In the The Upside Down-infected tunnels, the soldiers are massacred by the Demogorgons. Will tearfully tells Mike and Joyce that the shadow creature made him send the soldiers into the tunnels. In the control room, Hopper watches as the Demogorgons leave the tunnel and head up to them.
- Joyce Byers - Winona Ryder
- Jim Hopper - David Harbour
- Mike Wheeler - Finn Wolfhard
- Eleven - Eleven (credit only)
- Dustin Henderson - Gaten Matarazzo
- Lucas Sinclair - Caleb McLaughlin
- Will Byers - Noah Schnapp
- Max Mayfield - Sadie Sink
- Nancy Wheeler - Natalia Dyer
- Jonathan Byers - Charlie Heaton
- Steve Harrington - Joe Keery
- Billy Hargrove - Dacre Montgomery
- Bob Newby - Sean Astin
- Dr. Sam Owens - Paul Reiser
- Murray Bauman - Brett Gelman
- Radar Tech - Helen Abell
- MP Guard #1 - Brian Brightman
- MP Guard #2 - Kris Charles
- Nerdy Tech - Joe Davison
- Erica Sinclair - Priah Ferguson
- Exam Room Nurse - Sheena Kharazmi
- E.R. Doctor - Mary Kraft
- Doctor #2 - Brian Lafontaine
- Lead Rift Soldier - Wendell A. Matthews
- Neurologist - Brandon O'Dell
- Doctor #1 - Vince Pisani
- Rift Soldier #2 - Michael Shenefelt
- Flame Thrower - James Michael Smith
- "Hammer to Fall" by Queen - Steve questions Dustin about Dart as he drives him home, then takes out his nail-bat.
- "Where Django's At" by Cameron Brooks - Jonathan, Nancy and Murray create an assembly line to copy her recording and send it to various media outlets.
- "There Is Frost On the Moon" by Artie Shaw and His Orchestra - Murray, Nancy and Jonathan have a drink to celebrate finishing their mailing campaign, then Murray questions Nancy and Jonathan's claim that they are not a couple.
- "You Better Go Now" by Billie Holiday - Nancy and Jonathan contemplate Murray's words then end up meeting in the living room to express their how they don't believe what Murray said.
- "Blue Bayou" by Roy Orbinson - Murray cooks breakfast for Nancy and Jonathan, then asks an awkward question on how Jonathan slept.
- "Round and Round" by Ratt - As Billy pumps iron, he orders Max to answer the door; Max lies to Billy about who was at the door.
- "The First Lie"
- "They Hurt Me"
- "Walkin in Hawkins"
- "On the Bus"
- "Sick of Cow"
- "It's a Trap"
- "Descent into Rift"
- This is the first episode of the series in which Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven) and Cara Buono (Karen Wheeler) do not appear.
- On August 31, 2016, the second season was announced through a trailer published across social media, listing the titles of the nine episodes. The trailer titled the sixth episode as "The Pollywog". However, this would later become the title of the third episode.
|Episodes of Stranger Things|
|Articles may contain spoilers|