"Chapter Five: Dig Dug" is the upcoming fifth episode of Stranger Things 2 and the thirteenth episode of the show in total. It is directed by Andrew Stanton and will premiere with the rest of season two on October 27, 2017.
Synopsis to be announced.
"Dig Dug" is the first of two consecutive episodes directed by Andrew Stanton, who is known for writing and directing several Pixar films. Stanton was a big fan of the series and contacted executive producer Shawn Levy to express interest in taking part in the second season.
Stanton gave the episode's production crew custom made beanies with images of the player's character in the game Dig Dug, which the episode is named after, and binoculars, symbolizing the second episode he directed: "The Spy".
The title of the episode is taken from the 1982 arcade game Dig Dug, in which the eponymous player's character digs underground tunnels where he defeats monsters. It might refers to events in the episode in which Hopper enters underground tunnels, as suggested by the image from the title reveal representing the episode.
The title of the fifth chapter was originally assumed to be "The Storm" because the announcement trailer for season two listed this as the fifth title. However, the titles in the announcement trailer were out of order and only meant to "provide some hint of where [they] were going in season two without giving anything away." The real title was revealed with an image representing the episode, along with the titles of the six first chapters on October 9, 2017.
- ↑ "Finding Dory director to helm 2 episodes of Stranger Things 2" Entertainment Weekly. February 10, 2017.
- ↑ Tweet by Andrew Stanton (@andrewstanton) on Twitter. February 11, 2017.
- ↑ "‘Stranger Things’: ‘Finding Dory’ Director Wraps On Season 2" Heroic Hollywood. March 22, 2017.
- ↑ Tweet by Andrew Stanton (@andrewstanton) on Twitter. October 9, 2017.
- ↑ "The Duffer Brothers Are Reading Your 'Stranger Things' Reddit Theories" The Hollywood Reporter. October 12, 2016.
- ↑ "The story continues. New chapters on October 27." Stranger Things on Twitter. October 9, 2017.
|Episodes of Stranger Things|
|Articles may contain spoilers|