Tim Ives has worked as cinematographer for television shows, films, commercials and music videos since 1995.
He has been the director of photography on many television series including Girls, Mr. Robot, House of Cards and How to Make It in America.
The Duffer Brothers liked Ives' work on Girls, the Mr. Robot pilot and House of Cards and selected him as director of photography shortly after the show was green-lit by Netflix. Ives received their pitch package which he found "amazingly well defined," commenting that "I hadn’t seen anything like this concept in a while."
Director of photography
- Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers
- Chapter Two: The Weirdo on Maple Street
- Chapter Five: The Flea and the Acrobat
- Chapter Six: The Monster
- Chapter Seven: The Bathtub
- Chapter Eight: The Upside Down